Sara Joel was an original cast member of Cirque du Soleil's Zumanity. She co-choreographed the Body2Body act which she performed in Las Vegas from 2003-2006. A version of this act was featured in CDS's Solstrom on Bravo. After returning to NYC in 2006 (and having a baby!) Sara continues to choreograph and perform for CDS Special Events nationally and internationally.
Mrs. Joel's underwater dance film 'Rapt' opened Lincoln Center's Dance on Camera Festival in 2007.
Sara enjoys working with photographers Lois Greenfield and Howard Schatz.
Mrs Joel has performed her work at various NYC venues including City Center, Aaron Davis Hall, Joe's Pub and NYU's Skirball Theater.
- Performed her own choreography at numerous NYC venues including: City Center, Aaron Davis Hall, NYU's Skirball Theater, Symphony Space, DTW and Joe's Pub
- Outside NYC, her work has been featured at DRA's Fire Island Dance Festival, Paul Neuman's Hole in the Wall Gang Benefit, Casino Lisboa and The Colorado College
- Choreographed and performed the original "Body2Body" act in Cirque du Soleil's Zumanity (2003-2006)
- Performed at Special Events for Cirque du Soleil (2002-2009)
- Created the underwater film Rapt, that was presented at Lincoln Center's Dance on Camera Festival (2007)Choreographed and performed in Cirque du Soleil's Solstom on BRAVO
- Taught Partnering Workshops at The Colorado College (Summers 2006-2009)
- Taught Yoga at Crunch and Equinox (1998-2003)
- Assistant Director for the Re-Opening of the Lincoln Center Library Event (2001)
- Hand to Hand Acrobalance
- BA from The Colorado College (1994)
- Attended The Martha Graham School on scholarship (1994-1997)
- Practiced Yoga at The Jivamukti School of Yoga (1997-2010)